Business Development Representative
Opoint runs a unique and world-leading web crawler platform that collects global news in near real-time. Our customers are global companies within finance, media, social media, consulting, risk management, AI/ML, NLP, KYC etc.
Do you want to help us strengthen our position as the leading provider of global web data? If you are quick to seize an opportunity and see yourself as a network builder and someone who creates engagement, you may be the one we need.
The role as Business Development Representative
We are looking for a results-oriented Business Development Representative (BDR), with lead generation experience to communicate with prospects via phone, emails and social media (LinkedIn ect.) to further develop interest in Opoint´s offerings. Our BDR will have 6 months to 2 years of relevant experience where they had responsibility for building sales pipeline by cold calling.
You will be an important part of our sales team, with a focus on creating opportunities and initiating relationships with companies worldwide. Your role will involve:
- Selling into the largest companies in the world in many different industries and markets.
- Outreach. You will create a portfolio of reputable companies with growth potential.
- You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, IT and Support to be able to present sharp recommendations and value-creating solutions.
- Act in international contexts and develop your commercial skills in this field with experienced colleagues.
- 6 months – 2 years of relevant sales experience required; internship experience will be taken into consideration
- Previous cold calling experience required
- You are results driven and competitive by nature
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal/external clients
- Good time management skills
- Ability to learn and understand new products and technology
- Commitment to become a closing SaaS Account Executive
What we can offer
As a BDR, you will be a part of our international Sales and Marketing Team. There will be good opportunities to further develop your career on the international and commercial track, with a focus on sales and customer development. You get to work in an environment where decisions are made quickly. We have an informal, flat organizational structure that pave the way for a varied and exciting daily life. We offer you:
- An exciting position in an international work environment
- A position where you will be in touch with different companies in different industries around the world
- Great colleagues in Opoint and throughout the group
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities such as Social Club, Christmas dinner, summer party etc.
- Canteen arrangement
- Modern office space in the centre of Oslo
This is a fulltime position, based in Oslo, Norway.
We look forward to reading your application and CV, which you can send via the application portal. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail, for reasons of GDPR.
We will accept applications until February 28th.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact CSO Jon Anders Tangnes: firstname.lastname@example.org
We further encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background.
Who are we?
Opoint is behind a unique and world-leading web crawler platform for collecting global news in near real time. Our technology is based on web content from global data sources (approximately 200,000) enriched with AI, NLP and other technologies. Our customers are global and they operate within finance, media, social media, consulting, risk management, AI/ML, NLP, KYC etc.
Based in Central Oslo, we also have offices in Copenhagen, London and Chennai and we have several international sales partners.
Opoint is a company in the Infomedia group, the Nordic region’s leading player in media intelligence. Infomedia has offices in Oslo, Stockholm, Tallinn, Copenhagen (head office) and Aarhus. Read more about Infomedia at www.infomedia.no
Opoint is the world’s leading provider of online news data and technology solutions to the media intelligence industry.
If your task is to deliver valuable, trustworthy insights to your customers, the quality, coverage, and speed of your data matter tremendously. Opoint sets the industry standard in all three parameters.
We also supply historical datasets and live news feeds to companies specialized in market research, risk management, financial analysis, and AI/machine learning.